Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Polar Expedition

This morning when I left...11 degrees.

Never got higher than 24 degrees.

The School? Still chilly, but better than yesterday. I was prepared (hand knit wool socks, short sleeved shirt, jacket over that, and mittens and gloves if needed). My room was better than yesterday but still not up to the tropical zone that we've become used to. (I could do with it being a little cooler, personally.) The kids whined and complained about how cold it was so I reminded them that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a sweatshirt or something to wear in class.

Mrs. Eagle's team area, however, was still polar. When we walked our classes down to lunch we saw some of Mrs. Eagle's kids round the corner. They were all bundled up, collars zipped tight, gloves and mittens on, and some even had scarves wrapped around their heads.

Nuts.

Apparently there were maintenance guys working down in the basement all day trying to fix the lack of heat problem. As of 3:00 this afternoon still no heat.

Any guesses on tomorrow?

Oh yeah, and they're calling for snow late tomorrow night.

Peachy.

1 comment:

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

I have been going in this week to work on yearbook pages but could only make it for an hour or so due to no heat. We don't go back officially until Monday and I sure hope they get the heat started and that it works.