Monday, June 04, 2007

Uffda!


Hubby and I have just returned from a quick trip up North to Minnesota and Wisconsin. Hubby had to go up there on business and I tagged along. I don't normally tag along on these trips with him, but I'm out of school and since I leave tomorrow for a week to visit Momma Bluebird in California, I figured it was good quality time with Hubby.

We had a lot of fun, actually.

The drive through Wisconsin to Minneapolis was absolutely gorgeous. It was green, lush, and a tad bit rainy, but even so, it was delightful. It was nice seeing rain, since we're suffering through a drought at the moment here at home. I almost forgot what wet looked like.

While we were there I had a chance to go to the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul and do some historical research. What a wonderful place that is! The building is new, and beautiful, the staff is helpful, and it was a great way to spend the day while Hubby worked. Above you'll see a picture I took from the History Center looking towards the St. Paul Cathedral which was celebrating its centennial this past weekend.

Hubby did decide that traveling with me can be like traveling with, well, a 7th grader. (He thinks I've spent so much time with them that I've become one.) I am fine as long as it's daylight and I can either look at the scenery (lots to do on this trip), read, do sudoko, or knit. However, once it's dark and there's nothing to keep me busy, I become a squirmy, wiggly mess. I get bored. BORED. I can't just drive and listen to the radio for hours on end. I did turn on my reading light for a bit to do some puzzles, but truth be told, those lights aren't that bright and that got old after a while. I told Hubby that before I travel with him again, we're getting some audiobooks to listen to.

Now it's back to laundry, watering what's left of my yard, and getting ready to leave tomorrow for California.

1 comment:

Princess Lionhead said...

Hope you have a great time! I'm sure you'll have something to blog about when you get back! Take care.