Saturday, August 20, 2016

Call Me T

So the other day I got my very first sixth grader, a boy with a first name that held 17 letters, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to say it.  Seriously.  I've seen some crazy names over the years, but this one defied all laws of phonics.

So, I sat down with my newcomer and went through my orientation to ISS with him, and asked him what he went by (because I was thinking no way kids could say this name).

"Call me T," he said.

"Okay, good, I can do that.  But out of curiosity, just how do you say your name?" I asked.

He giggled.  "I don't know," he said.

Really.

You can't make this shit up.

1 comment:

Mrs. Gumby said...

This is so funny! I thought I had learned a LOT of difficult names as an English as a Second Language teacher. However, you definitely win this contest! (I love that even he didn't know how to say it. Priceless.)