Thursday, July 02, 2009

Random Thoughts

No students means no drama. I'm kind of enjoying that. For those of you who read this blog I'm sure you're bored to tears.

That being said...

Why is it that the week that Momma Bird visits we top out the thermometer and have some pretty miserable weather, but now that she's home we're actually below normal and I have the air conditioning off and the windows open?

Had to go to the dentist today to have an old filing replaced. The anticipation was worse than the actual procedure. I took along the iPod, listened to the B-52's and survived. Of course, things are a bit tender and I had a mild headache by the time it was over with, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I do have a really great dentist though. Ice cream would make a great supper, don't you think?

My youngest cat has figured out how to pop off the top of the kitty drinking fountain so he can play with the filter. He is too smart for his own good. I'm sure he'll figure out how to change the channels on the television here shortly.

Naps are the best thing on earth.

I am not getting as much knitting done as I'd hoped. Or as much genealogy research done. Or as much reading done. I'm not sure where the time is going, but it's going fast.

My garden is a mess this year. First the rabbits. Then the ground squirrels. I have five tomato plants, and four look great and are doing well. The other one looks like it's on its last legs. I can't figure it out. Everything else - beans, melons, pepper, etc., are kind of limping along. Maybe our cold wet May has something to do with it. Whatever the reason it's annoying me beyond belief. I should have a beautiful, lush, vibrant garden with veggies and all that and I have plants that look like they just want to curl up and die.

The weeds, however, are kicking butt.

That's it for now.

Time for sweet tea ya'll.

No comments: