Monday, September 05, 2005

Met one of my heroes!

Some of you may have noticed that I hae a link on my blog to an organization called Adopt-A-Platoon. My hubby and I have been supporters of this group for about 4-5 years now and have had a number of military penpals during this time. One of the penpals we really got to know well (since he was wrote back a lot) was Chris, who was a tank driver. He participated in the famed Thunder Run into Baghdad, and was over in The Sandbox for well over a year. Unfortunately, when he returned home we were in the process of moving and we never got to hook up and meet him in person.

We met him and his wonderful wife this weekend!!!!

Wow! We had the best time and it was like the four of us had known each other for ever. I guess when you write to someone for over a year you get to know them pretty well. Chris couldn't thank us enough for all the support (and cookies) we sent him when he was going through a particularly rough time. Honestly, it was the least we could do!

And they're coming to visit again shortly!!! Yeah!!!

No comments: