Monday, May 02, 2011

The Longest Month

I don't know if it's because we lost all our mental health days holidays (due to going over our snow day limit), or if the kids are just more annoying this year, or what, but this is turning out to be the longest 16 1/2 days of my life.

I am not alone.

There probably isn't a staff member on board who isn't just dragging into the building every morning, hoping to make it through the day.  Of course, the nearly constant thunderstorms and tornado sirens aren't doing us any good when it comes to getting a good night's sleep.  But still, we're just dragging.

And even coffee isn't helping.

4 comments:

Mister Teacher said...

Yuck. Been one of those years, I agree.

TeacherFromTN said...

While our weather here in East TN hasn't been quite as scary, we too are on the final countdown. I still have plenty of "real" work to do with my third graders, but it is hard to stay focused with the end in sight! I hate May, and that's just sad--it's such a pretty month! The end of school for a teacher is so busy, and we pretty much lose all our plan time due to special events, so no breaks..... It is just exhausting. Hang in there!!

Ms Characterized said...

You aren't alone!

Clix said...

PREACH. IT.