Saturday, January 02, 2010

It's Been Fun

Two blissful weeks with no responsibilities other than the normal around the house stuff, things like feeding the Hubby and the Catkids and generally making sure we have clean clothes to wear.

We go back to school Monday and the kids show up on Tuesday. Monday is an in-service of some kind and a nice way that The District has of easing us back into a routine before the screaming hordes arrive the following day. It does lower the stress somewhat.

So what have I done?

Knit. Sleep. Read. Repeat.

Actually I finished something that has taken me three - that's THREE - years to complete, a really neat lace scarf that my mother provided me the yarn, pattern, and eventually, the needles to complete. This thing was a challenge. I restarted it at least a dozen times, gave up at least once until Addi created lace needles in the called for size seven and mom found them at her local yarn shop, and after a zillion lifelines and rips, rips, and more rips, I finally got into the rhythm of the thing and finished it.

And now I want to make one for myself.

Crazy.

But at least I accomplished something.

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

congrats on finishing your project. I can't believe school starts again on Monday. :( Unfortunately, my kids WILL be there. I'm glad you get a day to ease back into the swing of things.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky that the kids do not come until Tuesday. Ours show up on Monday ~ phooey!

Mister Teacher said...

It has been a nice break. Congrats on getting something accomplished. We got our save the dates done! :)