Thursday, December 10, 2009

He's Baaaaack!

I was cruising through Guidance the other day (it is, after all on the way to the bathrooms and mailboxes) when the Guidance Goddess flagged me down.

"Mr. History is going to want to talk to you," she said. "Bully Boy is back."

This stopped me in my tracks.

"He's back?" I asked, although it didn't surprise me. I figured he'd come bouncing back one of these days, I just prayed it would be after he'd done his time in seventh grade and wasn't my potential problem anymore. After all, he'd bounced back twice last year.

"Yes, he enrolled yesterday. He's apparently now living with Dad and Dad's girlfriend."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows at this one. "So now Dad wants him?"

"Apparently so. Dad's Girlfriend has a daughter in 8th grade as well, and from what I can tell, this girlfriend has managed to put a foot up his ass. Which he needed. However, Mr. History will still want to talk to you."

He better. This kid is a holy terror.

Some of my former students, now 8th graders, managed to come by and fill me in with this joyful news later on in the day. They were less than thrilled. This kid is so mean, and so hateful, that even the other bullies can't stand him. The 8th grade populace was not happy to see this one bounce back among their midst.

Unless Bully Boy has been completely reformed (doubtful) Mr. History and his 8th grade team are in for a quite a journey.

And just remembering some of his stunts is starting to give me hives.

2 comments:

Dan Edwards said...

If he is such a problem and a threat to other students, why isn't "Bully Boy" on a behavior contract or in opportunity class ?

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Well, I'm not sure what an opportunity class is so I can't answer that one. He was on a behavior contract (which he promptly broke) when he arrived last year. He spent most of that time in ISS or suspended and was scheduled to go to alternative school (we had to wait until we had an opening it was so full last fall) when mom moved and took him with her. His problem, like many, is he isn't in any one school long enough for the system to catch up with him. Heavens, we have to do progress monitoring for eight complete weeks before we can even think about getting a kid tested for a learning disability (including emotional issues) and many of our kids aren't with us that long.