Sunday, May 03, 2009

Field Day?

According to the rain gauge in my back yard, we have had 4" of rain since Thursday. My yard looks like a jungle. Seriously. I have grass up to my knees.

(That being said, it's not like I have a decent lawn to start with - it looks like pasture. It's a mix of weeds, crabgrass, zoisya, bluegrass, fescue, clover and goodness knows what else. But some of it is growing up to my knees.)

Any bets on whether or not we'll have field day on Monday (when it's scheduled)?

Our makeup day is Wednesday.

Wanna guess what the forecast is for Wednesday?

Yup. More rain.

2 comments:

HappyChyck said...

Bummer! I hope it clears up and dries out! I bet everyone is getting a little stir crazy!

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

It's been raining in my neck of the woods too. We get a few days of 90 degrees and then a few days of 65 and rain. I'm ready for pure 90. :)