7:05 - 7:30 - Homeroom/Breakfast
7:30 - 8:15 - First Period Academic Class
8:19 - 9:04 - Second Period Academic Class
9:08 - 9:53 - Third Period Academic Class
9:53 - 10:17 - GPA = Binders, study tips, etc.
10:17 - 10:47 - Lunch
10:53 - 11:38 - Fourth Period Academic Class
11:42 - 12:27 - Fifth Period Academic Class
12:31 - 1:16 - Kids go to related arts, teachers have personal planning time
1:20 - 2:05 - Kids go to second related arts, teachers have team and subject planning
Keep in mind, this is the 7th grade version of the schedule. Sixth and 8th grade are pretty much the same except they have GPA/Lunch and their planning times at different times than we do. Other than that, it's pretty much the same thing.
- No split lunch - that was hell on earth
- We have large blocks of time to work with other teachers
- We don't lose our planning due to parent meetings
- We have time to work with kids on their binders, hand out paperwork, check homework, read, whatever with our GPA kids.
- Kids get more related arts and physical education
- We can have data chats about our benchmark tests without having to arrange for one teacher to have a sub - it used to be that two of a grade level team was on one schedule and the other was on a different one. We never used to all have planning at the same time.
- Shorter class periods.