Friday, January 06, 2006

Klepto Boys Revisited

Just when you're about to bang your head against the desk and start screaming about moral decay, something happens to give you a moment to catch your breath.

My little Klepto Boys spent two days in In School Suspension, after, of course Deputy Dog had them wailing and sobbing with visions of jail cells dancing in their heads.

Today, one of the little Klepto Boys came up to me with a little purple gift bag.

"What's this?" I ask, honestly surprised.

"It's for you," says Klepto Boy, head down.

"Well thank you," I say as I peer in and see that there's a big bag of some sort of Willie Wonka candy. "That's awful nice of you."

I didn't have a chance to really investigate it until later and when I did I found a little envelope tucked into the bag. Inside was a card with the message, scrawled in messy pencil. "I'm really sorry for stealing your candy," and Klepto Boy's signature.

There's hope.

No comments: